As many of you know, I was recently in the newspaper(Chicago Tribune). The section is called Remarkable Woman of the Week and it was a real honor to be in the paper but more importantly to be able to shed light on such worthy kids!! I hope this will move people to help with their time, money or goods… Thank you to Mr. Hageman for writing such a beautiful article!!!
Nicolas Robinson is the school that I after my research this summer.. I have been dying to get the Lola kids into… As of my last correspondence with Lola, I think we have managed to get 4 of the kids in.
- A- Grade 1
- S- Grade 2
- W- Grade 2
- E- Grade 4
We are still working on several of the others… but it is an amazing school. Tomorrow, I will list the pros of the school.
Hopefully, soon- I will have all the details and can let anyone know who would like to help out.
Tomorrow starts school year 2012-2013… I started my first full time education job (not counting my year of internship) in 1999. That would make this year 14… correct??? Okay I am officially old.
I also owe several people important Ethiopia emails… I swear those will get done this week.
Last weekend of summer… 2012
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Starbucks and a long walk along the lakefront
- A nostalgic walk back through the neighborhood where everyone lived when we were in our 20’s… past Yak-zie’s, Frances, Weiner Circle and many, many places that were no longer there…
- Treats at Sweet Mandy B’s
- Wine sitting outside at John’s Place
- Pizza at Pequod’s
- Watching the Wizard of Oz in Oz Park
- End of night wine flights at Webster Wine Bar
- Brunch outside at Milk and Honey, complete with mimosas
- A movie inside, since it decided to rain at the end of my perfect weekend.
Whole batch of wheat berries cooked for the week, muffins made and frozen, groceries done, laundry finished…. Time to shower and pack up for tomorrow- must get up in time for Starbucks… 2012-2013… I’m READY for you!!!!
This would be who amused me during my trek through all the summer things I had not yet done this summer… though this photo is from one of my many birthday dinners from this past June… I was to busy eating and drinking yesterday to take photos!!
I Believe in pink.
I Believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.
I Believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I Believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.
I Believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I Believe that tomorrow is another day, and I Believe in miracles.
Sorry.. to have no updates yet… thought I’d throw in some cute photos instead.